On April 27, amidst the rain, the China team representing the Food Pantry volunteers, took part in the Feed Me 5K Walk to End Hunger, in Augusta. This annual event was organized by the Maine State Credit Union and involved charitable groups in central Maine. Each walker raised sponsorship donations which will be combined with fundraising efforts of the Maine State Credit Union and returned to that organization next spring. This year the China team raised $620. Last year the China Pantry’s portion was three times the amount they raised in sponsorship money. Thanks to all sponsors and the staff at the Maine State Credit Union for the hard work and caring shown to the community.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- JMG announces students of the quarter in China
- China resident is Maine’s Conservation Officer of the Year
- China Middle Schoolers tour Kennebec Technologies
- China Boy Scouts hold Sunday Service at China Baptist Church
- Addition, renovations completed at China Middle School
- 2019-’20 Real Estate Tax Due Dates
- Karen Hatch: Queen of the Swap Shop
- Erskine Academy girls basketball team holds fundraiser for Multiple Sclerosis
- Erskine Academy to host eighth grade open house
- Erskine holds fundraiser for koalas