Jobs for Maine Graduates (JMG) organized a First Responder Celebration Day at CMS on Monday, October 28. They had the opportunity to celebrate the service of our local responders as students lined the hallways cheering on the responders as they entered the building. They then gathered in the library where each responder spoke about their career path and the critical need for our young people to explore careers within public service. Eighth graders Kaylee Fyfe and Alexia McDonald highlighted the important role of a dispatcher, “first responders wouldn’t know where to go without their communication.” Professionals representing the following agencies joined us for the event:
Game Warden Service – David Ross.
Mikael Nunez – Maine State Police.
Shawn Porter – Maine State Police with K-9 Myka.
Dan Brockway – Delta Ambulance.
Michelle Grass – Delta Ambulance.
Tim Theriault – Chief China Village Fire Dept.
Ivano Stefanizzi – Kennebec County Sheriff Dept.
DeeDee Roberge – Dispatcher Maine Dept. of Public Safety.
Peggy Barrett – Dispatcher Maine Dept. of Public Safety.
Bill Van Wickler – Chief Weeks Mills Fire Dept.
Shawn O’Leary – Chief Winslow Police Dept.
Tracey Frost – Oakland Police Dept. and School Resource Office, RSU#18.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- JMG announces students of the quarter in China
- China Middle Schoolers tour Kennebec Technologies
- Addition, renovations completed at China Middle School
- Erskine Academy girls basketball team holds fundraiser for Multiple Sclerosis
- Erskine Academy to host eighth grade open house
- Erskine holds fundraiser for koalas
- Erskine Leos raise money for Camp Sunshine
- Erskine students think globally to establish a United Nations Girl Up club
- Grace Academy receives school supplies from BHBT
- Erskine announces 2019 Renaissance Awards