At a short meeting Nov. 18, members of China’s Municipal Building Committee (MBC) accepted Chairman Sheldon Goodine’s recommendation on documents to be forwarded to China select board members.
The committee, active since last spring, has been asked to suggest where and how to provide additional space, primarily for storage, at the town office. Members have focused on a single-story addition designed for keeping town records and related documents, so that the well-filled storage rooms in the present office would be available for other uses.
Goodine’s list included minutes of committee meetings and other information members have discussed, and the CAD (computer-aided design) drawings committee member and Codes Officer Jaime Hanson prepared.
Goodine said he thinks committee members have come up with proposals that are both aesthetically acceptable and practical. A main contribution is providing specific information on amounts and types of storage space needed.
The next step is to get select board members’ reactions and suggestions as a basis for more detailed design work.
MBC members did not expect to be on the select board agenda until the Monday evening, Dec. 6, meeting, at the earliest. Pending discussion with select board members, they did not schedule another committee meeting.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Consolidated Communications officials: Do not expect an offer to expand internet service
- China town manager presents initial budget draft
- China select board focuses on transfer station issues
- Tuminaro to run for the Legislature
- China transfer station committee waits for more info
- China building committee continues review of information
- CHINA: Town attorney has doubts about expanding unbuilt solar farm
- China Broadband Committee (CBC): seven possible sources for expanded service
- CHINA: Hapgood: with budget time coming, short meetings have come to an end
- China planners settle three issues