by Scott Adams
Boy Scout Troop #479, in China, held a small ceremony to honor its newest Eagle Scout, Hunter Praul. The ceremony was held at the China Baptist Church on Sunday, April 18, 2021. Hunter was presented Scouting’s highest honor by his parents Erika and Darryl Praul, of China, and in turn presented them with Eagle Scout Mother and Father Pins.
“Hunter is an amazing young man,” said Troop #479 Scoutmaster Scott Adams. “He never seeks to be in the spotlight but is always the first to try to make easier the lives of others. Hunter’s Eagle Scout project – building a home for a needy man in Costa Rica – was incredible. He raised the money needed here, assembled a team, coordinated efforts both here and in Costa Rica, led and took part in the building of the home and gave someone he barely knew a significant help up.”
Hunter is the 44th Eagle Scout from Troop #479 since Scott Adams became Scoutmaster in 1989. The troop was formed in 1959.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- China Four Seasons Club: Non-profit Spotlight
- Free ME from Lung Cancer breathes life into community
- Dirigo Lodge delivers food to area food pantries
- China School’s Forest opens a new trail
- Controversy over China Police Department heats up
- Town manager explains proposed police budget for 2021-22
- China School Forest work day set for May 8
- Erskine cereal box challenge nets 3,544 boxes for local food pantries
- 2021 Ice Out winner!
- PHOTOS: Scouts take a hike