Plant Giveaway and Permaculture Bed Building will kick off the Permaculture in the Park series at the Ecology Learning Center CommUNITY programming in partnership with the Unity Barn Raisers. The initial session will be held on Sunday, May 16, at 11 a.m., at Triplet Park, Wood Lane, in Unity. This month will feature learning permaculture gardening techniques such as building swales for water catchment, hugelkultur for using organic landscape debris, etc.
June will feature hot weather crop planting. July will be garden maintenance and August will cover harvesting.
There is a suggested donation of $15. RSVP at https://www.ecologylearningcenter.org/workshops.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- EVENTS: Plant Giveaway & Permaculture Bed-Building
- EVENTS: Unity Parkinson’s support group meets monthly
- EVENTS: Bird migration walk set for May 15
- EVENTS: St. Michael Walk-a-Thon rescheduled
- Unity VFD to host bake sale
- Unity College earns national honor for sustainability in its curriculum
- Group holds fundraisers to help purchase 230 Main St.
- Unity College new degree programs to focus on animal health, climate change
- Unity College reinventing how students receive first two years of college
- UNITY: Barn Raisers hold Day of Service