Due to unforeseen circumstances, the annual St. Michael School and Travis Mills Walk-A-Thon, originally scheduled for May 5, will now be held on Wednesday, May 19. Pledges and donations will continue to be accepted through May 19. For more information about the event, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
In addition to the running, walking and activities, students will be collecting items to donate to military service members stationed away from their families, writing thank you notes to our service members, and creating flags to hang up for the day of the event.”
Mills, a retired United States Army Staff Sergeant of the 82nd Airborne, is one of only five quadruple amputees from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. He was wounded by an improvised explosive device during his third tour in Afghanistan in 2012.
All proceeds from the walk-a-thon benefit the school and the Travis Mills Foundation.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- EVENT: Recover Out Loud in Maine’s Capital September 30
- Local residents named to Simmons University dean’s list
- Scouting lets you escape the inside
- EVENTS: Permaculture in the Park begins new season
- Area students give to those in need
- Augusta educator named Maine Catholic schools teacher of the year
- Popular St. Michael School Christmas Fair goes virtual in 2020
- Life Scout presents schools with 13 benches
- Augusta students named to UMF dean’s list
- Maine Catholic schools to re-open for in-school learning