The Unity Barn Raisers will hold Permaculture in the Park, hosted by the Ecology Learning Center, Unity Barn Raisers, and Triplet Park, on Saturday, May 29, at 11 a.m., at Triplet Park, 32 School St., in downtown Unity. Learn how to build beds and take home some plants to put in them!
Gather in this community park for a monthly talk and learning experience grounded in the principles of permaculture. Beginning with a talk by the experienced permaculture designer, Teddy Mattson, of Seed of Life Permaculture and Design, participants will learn about swale and hugelkultur creation, sheet-mulching to capture water, best uses of landscape organic matter debris, as well as how to suppress weeds and build soil. Once we’ve heard about these topics, we will join together in a community work session to apply them in the park. Stay as long as you like to help out and learn more!
Participants will take home their own raspberry cane and comfrey plant! With a donation of any kind, participants may take more than one of each.
RSVP requested at https://www.ecologylearningcenter.org/workshops. $15 suggested donation upon arrival.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- EVENTS: Unity Parkinson’s support group meets monthly
- EVENTS: Bird migration walk set for May 15
- EVENTS: Permaculture in the Park begins new season
- Unity VFD to host bake sale
- Gibbs Library to feature Maine artist Kay Sullivan
- Delightful “All Things Blueberry” Festival promises loads of family fun
- China Community Days set for this weekend
- Vassalboro library animal events planned
- Taste of Waterville Brew Punch Cards available
- 18th annual China Community Days set for Aug. 6-8, 2021