The China Four Seasons Club and the China Village Fire Department held the first China Lake fishing derby on March 1, over 18 years since the area’s last fishing derby.
Over 80 people filled the fire department for the final look at the day’s winning catches, which included brown trout, brook trout, togue, large and smallmouth bass, and white perch. China Village Fire Chief Theriault did the official weighing in of the entries. Most of the day’s fish were caught in China Lake. The biggest catch of the day was a largemouth bass weighing over 5 pounds.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Jack Sylvester is back home!
- Erskine Academy second trimester honor roll (Spring 2020)
- The bird man of South China: 100 birdhouses or bust!
- CFAL committee meets to discuss volunteer needs and efforts
- China Food Pantry to implement new procedures for safety
- China town manager presents plan on coronavirus
- China Middle School JMG students awarded community grant
- Volunteer firefighters: answering the call to help neighbors
- ICE OUT 2020? Take a guess. Win a prize!
- Four Seasons Club fishing derby revived