The China Four Seasons Club (CFSC) and The China Village Volunteer Fire Department (CVVFD) are pleased to announce the first China Lake Ice Fishing Derby to be held on Sunday March 1.
It has been over 18 years since the town of China held an ice fishing derby. The derby, a town favorite, was previously organized by volunteers in China Village.
The China Four Seasons Club has become more active and wanted to bring back this local event. After talks with the China Village Volunteer Fire Department. It was decided that this year China will once again have an ice fishing derby.
The event is open to all legal waters in Maine but both clubs hope participants come join everyone on the local lakes. Tickets are on sale at many local stores, bait dealers, and available through members of both the China Four Season Club and the CVVFD. Entry tickets also serve as raffle tickets to win door prizes from local vendors. Ticket sales will end at noon on the day of the derby.
Food will be available for purchase from inside the China Village Fire Department along with coffee and hot cocoa to get help people get warm and enjoy fellowship.
Fish weigh in will be held at the Fire Department at 4 p.m. Many were very excited to hear of the return of this popular event and there are already plans to expand on it for next year. Families are encouraged to attend this great outdoor activity. The CFSC will also be giving sleigh rides behind their groomer.
This event is a great way for the community to come out and enjoy the frozen lakes, outdoor weather and celebrate winter. Please see the Facebook posts from the fire department and CFSC for more information, or contact a local member from either organization.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Just Our Jams raises money for local food pantry
- LakeSmart designation awarded to two China Lake residents
- Interviews with China Lake Association leadership; Goal is to educate, re-engage membership
- Prize Vegetable Contest & Children’s Best-Decorated Fruit or Vegetable Award
- Pauleys celebrate 65th anniversary
- 2021 Youth Conservation Corps (YCC) at work
- Maritime Energy president, Susan Ware Page, nominated for NEFI Legends Award
- Second vaccines available in China
- China Community Days set for this weekend
- 18th annual China Community Days set for Aug. 6-8, 2021