Kay Sullivan is a Maine-based artist whose work from nature reflects time’s passing: its rhythms, cycles, seasons. Kay received her MFA from the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and is a juried member of the Pastel Society of America. Her award-winning work has been exhibited in numerous juried and group shows and is held in private collections across the country. Kay lives in Palermo, with her husband and daughter. Her website is www.KaySullivanStudio.com.
Kay states about her work, “These places in my drawings are my home: my garden, river, and woods. As I continue to explore this land which has been in my husband’s family for generations, I am acutely aware of time’s passing. It is evident in the changes of days and the rhythms of seasons. Through the movement of my hand, in my lines and marks on the page, I make my connection with nature’s energy. These marks are the evidence I leave, the history of my time here in this place.”
The Gibbs Library is located at 40 Old Union Road, Washington, Maine. For more information call the library at (207)845-2663.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Gibbs Library to host local ecologist
- EVENT: Recover Out Loud in Maine’s Capital September 30
- Chamber hosts re-vamped Super Raffle dinner
- EVENTS: Windsor Veterans Memorial to be dedicated on Saturday, September 11, 2021
- Mosaic workshop to be held on Sept. 13 for grieving children
- Scouting lets you escape the inside
- Volunteers firefighters to hold Picnic in Palermo
- Prize Vegetable Contest & Children’s Best-Decorated Fruit or Vegetable Award
- Central Maine youth ballplayers meet the big leaguers
- Vassalboro Library to host animal events