Grace Academy Learning Center recently received a donation of school supplies to the Play And Learn (PAL) after school program from Bar Harbor Bank & Trust.
Bar Harbor Bank & Trust held its first School Supply Drive July 22 – August 16. A total of more than 3,500 items were collected at branch locations across Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. Local Branch Manager Nichole Lee set up a collection box in the lobby to encourage contributions. Employees and customers alike generously answered the call. Donations, in the form of new notebooks, folders, glue sticks, pencils, and crayons,will benefit local young learners.
“All donations support students and educators in the communities we call home,” said Joseph Schmitt, SVP/Chief Marketing Officer at Bar Harbor Bank & Trust. “These supplies will help local children actively participate in classroom learning, making the educational experience better for both students and teachers.”
“This donation has made a huge impact on our small learning community,” stated Executive Director Michelle Bourque, “and we sincerely thank Bar Harbor Bank and Trust and their local staff who not only make banking in our community a pleasure, but learning at Grace a better experience for our students.”
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- China Middle Schoolers tour Kennebec Technologies
- Addition, renovations completed at China Middle School
- Erskine Academy girls basketball team holds fundraiser for Multiple Sclerosis
- Erskine Academy to host eighth grade open house
- Erskine holds fundraiser for koalas
- Erskine Leos raise money for Camp Sunshine
- China Middle School JMG members honor local first responders
- Erskine students think globally to establish a United Nations Girl Up club
- Erskine announces 2019 Renaissance Awards
- Celebrating high school graduation