As a part of Palermo Days festivities, the Branch Mills Grange #336 hosted its annual public supper/awards dinner. Every year, the Grange recognizes two deserving individuals. This year, Summer Hotham was the recipient of the Spirit of America Award. The Spirit of America Foundation was created in 1990 to honor volunteerism. Through Erskine Academy’s Community Service Program, Summer has accrued over 248 volunteer hours.
Marylou Sydney McNeil was this year’s recipient of the Grange Award. The purpose of this award is to formally recognize an individual who, although not a Grange member, has volunteered their time and talents for the betterment of The Order. Marylou has used her decorating flair to decorate the tables for public suppers and has helped sort and stage items for the Grange’s flea markets.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Thanksgiving pies made to order
- Sheepscot Lake Association completes another year
- Bottle drive to benefit food pantries
- Fresh Florida citrus delivered to your door
- Gary Miller retires from presidency of Sheepscot Lake Association
- New roof at Palermo Community Center
- Palermo Community Library celebrates phase 2 of reopening with purchase of park pass
- Family outing: loon count on Sheepscot Lake
- Sheepscot courtesy boat inspectors
- Peaches are coming!