Henry Sainio, of Washington, was honored at a party for his 90th birthday on March 2. At his place large digits were displayed along with his cake. In an example of his good-natured wit, Henry turned the 9 into a 6 before taking the first bite of his cake. Neighbors, relatives and friends crowded the room to bring birthday greetings and share memories.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Beef up your buffer
- Polling places and times for March 3, 2020 primary
- Opioid Crisis Response: A plan of compassion, connection and communities
- Maine’s only leap year town set for celebration: Smithfield to observe incorporation as town
- JMG announces students of the quarter in China
- RSU #18 gifted and talented hard at work
- Annika Carey receives MPA Principals Award
- Winslow native patrols the sea aboard Navy warship
- China resident is Maine’s Conservation Officer of the Year
- The Town Line Valentine’s Day Greetings!