Yes, it’s another book I read this week! The title is Humor for a Woman’s Heart, and has 6-plus authors. When I read this one section, titled Fun Questions for Married Couples, I hoped you would enjoy it. This one section is authored by Bill and Pam Farrel. Enjoy the little quiz:
1. The recreational activity you most often do together is:
A. Bicycling; B. Bowling; C. Hunting for his keys
2. Choose a vacation spot! Which qualifications for a prime vacation spot would appeal to the husband, and which would appeal to the wife?
A. Quaint little shops; B. Golf, golf, golf ; C. Nice Restaurants; D. Big servings; E. Valet parking; F. Free parking; G. Room with a view; H. Room with a TV set; I. Elegant sunken tub; J. Reading matter in the bathroom.
3. TRUE OR FALSE: A vacuum cleaner makes an excellent anniversary gift?
TRUE: Provided you want this to be your last anniversary
4. STORY PROBLEM: John and Becky must leave their home by 6 p.m. in order to be on time for a dinner party. John starts to get ready at 5:55 p.m., so he can leave at 6 p.m. What time does Betty need to start getting ready in order to leave by 6 p.m.?
ANSWER: It makes no difference when Betty starts to get ready. She could start at 5 p.m., 4 p.m. or even 3 p.m… It doesn’t matter. She’s still going to be at least 20 minutes late.
5. (Husband Question): When your wife says, “Let’s not get each other Christmas presents this year,” it indicates:
A. Her desire to share with the less fortunate. B. Her thoughtful and realistic interest in the household budget. C. A test to see if you “love her enough” to forget the suggestion and “surprise” her with something you’ll be paying off until Columbus Day.
6. When a husband dons his almost-like-new coveralls and announces, “I’m going to work on the car,” you can almost bet that:
A. Soon, it will purr like a kitten. B. Soon, it will stop on a dime. C. Soon it will be towed to a nearby garage.
7. (Husband question): FILL IN THE BLANK: You can’t make an omelet without…:
A. Breaking some eggs. B. Reading a recipe. C. Hearing a lecture from your wife on the dangers of cholesterol.
8. Who is more likely to utter the following:
A. “What’s for supper?” Him or Her; B. “Have you seen my socks?” Him or Her; C. When are we leaving for church?” Him or Her; D. “Do you think I’ve gained weight?” Him or Her; E. “Where’s the television schedule?” Him or Her.
9. Before answering the question, “How do you like my new hairstyle?” what should a husband always remember?
A. His wife’s feelings are the most important thing. B. She may have spent hours in a salon to get it to look this way. C. The couch is lumpy, and when you sleep on it a spring pokes you in the back.
There are more questions, but I have run out of word space for this column.
I’m just curious if you would like to see the rest of the quiz. Let me know at DebbieWalker@townline.org . Hope this made you smile. Have a great, healthy week and thanks for reading.
P.S. Please take care of your outside animals. They can’t turn up the heat or put on a coat and gloves. They need you.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!