On November 14 the Jefferson Area Community Food Pantry supplied food to 56 families, representing 125 family members. The largest attendance to date. In addition to fresh produce from Twin Villages Food Bank Farm and Good Shepherd Food Bank, non perishables, fresh eggs, bread, pumpkin pies, turkeys, plus additional assorted meats were available.
Generous donations were received from several churches and community citizens and are greatly appreciated during this holiday season. If you would like to donate food, please call the number below. Monetary donations can be sent by check and made payable to St Giles Church, PO Box 34, Jefferson, ME 04348, with “JACFB” written in the memo area.
The December opening dates are two weeks in a row this year. Wednesday, December 12 and Wednesday December 19, 4 – 5:30 p.m., at St Giles Church, 72 Gardiner Road (Rt 126), Jefferson. For more information, call 315-1134.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Whitefield Lions to donate art supplies
- Jefferson calendars ready for ordering
- Whitefield Lions announce peace poster contest winners
- Local Naval boatswain underway
- Live auction and yard sale at St. Giles in Jefferson
- Donations top 700 lbs. to Jefferson Food Pantry
- Laura Sullivan Wins Earth Day Basket
- Whitefield Lions induct two members
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Jefferson Food Pantry thanks community
- Jefferson Food Pantry gives thanks