It was a dark and stormy night, cold and rainy. On November 22, the Jefferson Area Community Food Pantry passed out turkeys, hams, assorted other meats, fresh and canned veggies and fruit to feed over 100 of our friends and neighbors.
Good Shepherd Food Bank and the DRA farm provided dry and canned goods and fresh produce. Lots of folks donated boxes of thanksgiving fixings, turkeys and money for the pantry to purchase more turkeys. One special giver donated 35 pies to insure that every family had a yummy desert.
Many new and dedicated volunteers came for set up and distribution. Thank you. Spirits were high in spite of the weather and they were all thankful for the generosity of the community. It was a great night. Happy Holidays
The Jefferson Food Pantry would not be possible without cash donations that we use to purchase food from the Good Shepherd Food Bank. If you would like to participate to help those in need with a monetary gift, please send donations to St. Giles Church, PO Box 34, Jefferson, ME 04348, with JACFB written in the memo area of your check.
They distribute food on the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month at St. Giles Church, 72 Gardiner Rd. ( Rt 126), from 4 -5:30 p.m. For more information, please call 315-1134.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Jefferson calendars ready for ordering
- Whitefield Lions announce peace poster contest winners
- Local Naval boatswain underway
- Live auction and yard sale at St. Giles in Jefferson
- Donations top 700 lbs. to Jefferson Food Pantry
- Laura Sullivan Wins Earth Day Basket
- Whitefield Lions induct two members
- Jefferson food pantry announces December openings
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Jefferson Food Pantry thanks community
- Volunteers sought in Jefferson