To the editor:
Dear Town of China Friends and Neighbors:
Good government in our community requires the election of outstanding candidates.
The best candidates offer personal qualities such as independence, non-partisanship, positivity, knowledge, balance and modesty. They also possess a demonstrated record of community achievement and action.
Jeanne Marquis is a superb candidate who meets that test; she is running in the November 2 election for a position on the China Select Board.
As a resident and registered voter in China, I will support Jeanne.
I respectfully ask you to consider casting your vote on November 2 for Jeanne Marquis; please also ask other residents you know to carefully review her background in order to make the best choice for the Town of China.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- LETTERS: Jeanne is a darn good listener
- LETTERS: A thank you to the community, Supports Marquis for selectboard
- LETTERS: How to control municipal spending
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Protect previous natural resource
- LETTERS: Turn the wheel for ourselves
- LETTERS: “Hell, Yes,” on China’s Question #1
- LETTERS: Opposed to candidate because of past performance
- LETTERS: Vote “yes” for better internet
- LETTERS: Voting “yes” for better internet service
- OPINIONS – Question #1: A diabolical scam to gain more control