To the editor:
Over the past few years, I have become acquainted with Jeanne Marquis. I was informed recently she is running for the office of selectperson to serve the town of China in a leadership position. I find Jeanne to be a darn good listener and to have great loyalty to the town in which her family has lived for generations. She is bright, curious, mature, well-educated and offers good ideas and sensible suggestions. She is respected and will make a good addition to the board that provides stability and guidance to the town. I openly support her candidacy.
Augusta, Georgia, summer resident on China Lake
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- LETTERS: Marquis is superb candidate
- LETTERS: A thank you to the community, Supports Marquis for selectboard
- LETTERS: How to control municipal spending
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Protect previous natural resource
- LETTERS: Turn the wheel for ourselves
- LETTERS: “Hell, Yes,” on China’s Question #1
- LETTERS: Opposed to candidate because of past performance
- LETTERS: Vote “yes” for better internet
- LETTERS: Voting “yes” for better internet service
- OPINIONS – Question #1: A diabolical scam to gain more control