Multiple law enforcement agencies and emergency personal were on scene on Tuesday, August 25, in Waterville, after a shots fired incident was reported around 4:15 p.m
Several roads were closed as special tactics teams and negotiators tried to reach and make an arrest on an unidentified person whom police say was discharging a weapon.
Jay Coelho and Desiree Sirois, owners of GRUB, in Waterville, kept the business open until 4 a.m. to help provide law enforcement and first responders with coffee, water, food and restrooms during the emergency.
Waterville Police Chief Joe Massey said, “Grub staying open and feeding first responders was a very nice gesture which allowed us to focus on the task at hand while staying fed and hydrated. ”
Lt. Dave Tripp (Special Services Commander at Maine State Police) sent a card to Grubs saying, “Your support to our teams during the incident is greatly appreciated.”
Grub is a considered a small business in Waterville Maine, and their acts of kindness are big and noteworthy. They have often been known for their down to earth atmosphere, attempting to be creative to meet the needs of their consumers. It’s acts like these that separate them from the pack.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Chamber hosts re-vamped Super Raffle dinner
- Kringleville volunteers
- Mosaic workshop to be held on Sept. 13 for grieving children
- Central Maine youth ballplayers meet the big leaguers
- Mid-Maine Chamber announces scholarship winner
- Two community leaders at Purnell Wrigley Field kicked off the 2021, 11-year-old New England Cal Ripken Baseball championship on July 16-18
- Mid-Maine Big Brothers Big Sisters receive grant to launch “Bigs with Badges” in Augusta
- New Dimensions FCU announces results of Cruisin’ for a Cure car show
- Sam Fegel achieves Eagle Scout status
- Taste of Waterville Brew Punch Cards available