Members of The American Legion Auxiliary, Unit #39, of Madison, held a “Drive Thru Sock Hop” on February 27 to the beat of ‘50’s and ‘60’s music. With collection boxes, monetary donations and socks donated the day of the event, a total 1,289 pairs of socks were received. They well exceeded their goal of 100 pairs for the “100 Challenge” which is a challenge set forth by the American Legion Auxiliary, Department of Maine president to help bring awareness of the American Legion Auxiliary’s 100th birthday. These socks will be distributed to homeless veterans, homeless shelters and others in need.
Big thank you to Reny’s and Family Dollar, of Madison, as well as Sun Rayz Tanning & Hair Salon, in Skowhegan, for displaying collection boxes ahead of the event. American Legion Auxiliary members have dedicated themselves for over a century to meeting the needs of our nation’s veterans, military, and their families both here and abroad. They volunteer millions of hours yearly, with a value of nearly $2 billion.
To learn more about the Auxiliary’s mission or to volunteer, donate or join, visit www.ALAforVeterans.org or http://www.mainelegionpost39.org/. Or contact: Robin Turek, President – American Legion Auxiliary Tardiff-Belanger Unit #39, PO Box 325, Madison, ME – email@example.com – 696-8289.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Madison American Legion Auxiliary busy helping in the community
- Legion collecting school supplies in MSAD #59 and #74
- May 28 is National Poppy Day
- Madison Legion Auxiliary donates backpacks to needy children
- Auxiliary observes Military Child Month
- Drive thru sock hop in Madison
- Madison legion donates boots and coats
- Legion auxiliary pie sale a great success, raises over $1,000
- Madison Legion Auxiliary donates school supplies to seven schools
- American Legion collecting school supplies