The 35th Maine Maple Sunday will take place on Sunday, March 25. Sugarhouses throughout Maine will provide tours, free samples and demonstrations on the process of transforming maple sap into maple syrup. Locally, Raider’s Sugarhouse, located at 148 Bog Road, in China, will have an open house from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. A family operation, they are in their fourth year of producing quality maple syrup. Dress warm and wear boots as the sugarhouse is located about 500 feet from the main road via a tote road and is accessible only on foot. Restrooms are available. FMI: 968-2005.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Erskine Parent/Teacher conferences slated for Jan. 19
- China resident looks to fill a need for women veterans
- Longtime Boy Scout leader steps down
- Benjamin Lagasse earns rank of Eagle Scout
- State to initiate an investigation into the presence of PFAS chemicals in China
- Erskine Academy presents Renaissance Awards
- China Lake Association updates public on 10-year watershed plan
- Beans, beans and more beans!
- Managing lands for high quality water: Kennebec Water District’s Watershed Management
- Moving forward with the South China Public Library