The Huards Martial Arts annual Bootcamp Weekend was another success. Students of varying belt ranks, ages and abilities all gathered together to enjoy a fun-filled weekend at the Yogi Bear Campground, in Madison. Mark Huard, owner and instructor at Huard’s Martial Arts, in Winslow, is the director of the bootcamp. He states that he has an amazing amount of help from parent and student volunteers, which make it possible for the camp to run smoothly and efficiently. All of the students slept overnight on Saturday in either tents or cabins, and participated in activities such as jiu jitsu, sword training, nunchaku training and much much more.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Winslow homecoming 2019
- Lead drills at football clinic
- Double winner
- Hard work, determination keep Abigail Dudley plenty busy
- Young martial artists have their day at Battle of Maine
- Winslow’s Wildes wins multiple awards
- Winslow Community Cupboard Food Bank seeks donations for much-needed cooler
- It’s graduation season for area high schools
- Local groups observe 76th anniversary of D-Day invasion
- Summer reading program for children & teens coming from Winslow Public Library