by Mary Grow
Nomination papers are now available for China’s Nov. 8 local elections. According to Town Clerk Rebecca Hapgood, the following people’s terms end this year:
• On the Board of Selectmen, Joann Austin, Neil Farrington and Chairman Robert MacFarland.
• On the Planning Board, Toni Wall (District 2) and Thomas Miragliuolo (District 4), and the currently vacant alternate position elected from anywhere in town.
• On the Budget Committee, Thomas Rumpf (District 2), Timothy Basham (District 4), Al Althenn (secretary, elected from anywhere in town) and Jonathan Vogel (at-large position).
• Robert Bennett’s position as one of China’s two representatives on the RSU (Regional School Unit) 18 board. Hapgood said Bennett will not be a candidate for re-election.
Hapgood said signed nomination papers must be returned to the town office by 11 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 24, for candidates’ names to appear on the ballot.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- CFAL committee meets to discuss volunteer needs and efforts
- Recycling suspended 14 days in China
- CHINA: Self-storage facility gets approval
- China annual town meeting rescheduled to May 2
- CHINA: Local Actions Update for COVID-19
- China voting results from March 3 presidential primary
- In China, first of two solar projects gets approval
- CHINA SELECTBOARD: Study to be conducted on broadband availability
- Local Town Meetings Schedule 2020
- Area roads earmarked for improvements in 2020-21