The deadline for ordering fresh Vidalia onions is April 25. They will arrive in Palermo the evening of May 16, at the Palermo Community Center on Turner Ridge Rd. Volunteers will call you as soon as the onions are unloaded from the truck, and will give you directions if you need them. They will be available for pick up Thursday evening through Saturday.
To order these juicy spring beauties, please call Connie at 993-2294 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure and give us your phone number, so we may confirm the order and let you know when the onions are available. To pre-pay, please send your check or money order for $27.00 for a 25 lb. box to: LCF, P.O. Box 151, Palermo, ME 04354. Orders for four or more boxes will be discounted by $2 a box. These are the onions every good cook wants in the kitchen! Recipes come with every box! With care, these onions keep for up to six months – or more. Half boxes are also available for $16, for those who don’t use a lot of onions.
The Palermo Community Center is run by all-volunteer staff. It sponsors the Palermo Community Garden and the monthly Evolving Communities Film Series (Potluck Dinner-and-a-Movie). It is home to the Great ThunderChicken Teaching Drum (Cultural Outreach Program), and hosts the weekly Palermo Food Pantry. The building is disability-accessible and the nonprofit organization is non-discriminatory. Proceeds from onion sales will go toward maintenance and program underwriting. Your support is greatly appreciated–Thank you!
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Vidalia onions returning as Palermo community center fundraiser
- Palermo student earns climate scholarship
- Thanksgiving pies made to order
- Sheepscot Lake Association completes another year
- Bottle drive to benefit food pantries
- Fresh Florida citrus delivered to your door
- Gary Miller retires from presidency of Sheepscot Lake Association
- New roof at Palermo Community Center
- Palermo Community Library celebrates phase 2 of reopening with purchase of park pass
- Family outing: loon count on Sheepscot Lake