John Edwards, an eighth grader at Palermo Consolidated School, won a scholarship to attend the 2021 Talk Climate Institute on March 23 and 24. John learned about climate topics and developed strategies to discuss climate issues. The institute, run by the Climate Generation, provides teaching tips, resources, inspiration, and community networking to assist in bringing climate change discussions to schools. John has been interested in topics of climate change since the fifth grade and he is excited to learn about strategies from around the world on how to protect the earth. John hopes to use this experience to enhance his knowledge and to share information and strategies with others.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Palermo student salutatorian for online school graduation ceremony
- Whitefield Lions announce peace poster contest winners
- Palermo School third trimester honor roll 2018
- PHOTOS: Opening day for Waterville youth football
- Sidney resident inducted into Honor Society for First-Year Success
- Erskine Academy announces National Merit Scholarship students
- Transformation Project
- Lawrence High School girls soccer
- Another year of outstanding water quality at Sheepscot
- Volunteers firefighters to hold Picnic in Palermo