This post-harvest tour of Thurston Park in China is being held as a follow-up to a June pre-harvest tour on Sunday, October 15, from 9 a.m. – noon. It is co-sponsored by the Thurston Park Committee and the Two Rivers chapter of Maine Woodland Owners. The park is a 400-acre, town-owned forest with waterfalls, hiking trails and cultural and historical landmarks.
Directions: From Rte. 202 at the head of China Lake, turn onto Pleasant View Ridge Road. Travel 0.4 miles, veer right, then another 0.3 miles, and left on Dutton Road, which becomes Libby Hill Rd, one mile. Right onto York Town Rd., one mile to parking.
For more information, contact Jeanne at email@example.com.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Erskine Parent/Teacher conferences slated for Jan. 19
- China resident looks to fill a need for women veterans
- Longtime Boy Scout leader steps down
- Benjamin Lagasse earns rank of Eagle Scout
- State to initiate an investigation into the presence of PFAS chemicals in China
- Erskine Academy presents Renaissance Awards
- China Lake Association updates public on 10-year watershed plan
- Beans, beans and more beans!
- Managing lands for high quality water: Kennebec Water District’s Watershed Management
- Moving forward with the South China Public Library