State Representative Cathy Nadeau (R-Winslow) has announced that the Maine Department of Transportation (MDOT) Work Plan for Calendar Years 2021, 2022 and 2023 is available. The estimated value of work in the plan totals more than 2,180 individual work items with a total value of $2.71 billion.
The MDOT Work Plan for House District 78 includes projects totaling $3,250,000 for the towns of Winslow and Benton.
The work includes two large, local projects, a Municipal Partnership Initiative on Benton Avenue ($1.1 million) and replacement of the bridge just before the Benton town line on Garland Road ($1.9 million). The Work Plan also includes improvements to Route 137 and Route 100A in Winslow, Northbound and Southbound bridges on Interstate 95 in Benton and other state roads in the area.
“Everyone recognizes the importance of properly maintained roads and how important they are to everyday life,” said Rep. Nadeau. “I am pleased to see several scheduled MDOT projects in our area, including replacement of a bridge that is over 100 years old. These and other projects to be undertaken during the next three years, will make our roads safer and benefit our local economy.”
The full work plan, searchable by municipality, is available at the Maine Department of Transportation’s website: https://www.maine.gov/mdot/projects/workplan/search/.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Shane Savage named CMGC developer of the year
- Maine politics: A conversation with five local legislators
- Specialty crop grants now available
- VA to contact vets for vaccine shots
- Rep. Bradstreet announces local projects in Maine DOT work plan
- Rep. Nadeau appointed to DIF&W committee
- Northern Light begins Covid-19 community vaccinations
- Maine ranks first in personal freedom
- Earned paid leave law goes into effect in Maine
- USDA funding for Knox, Lincoln, Kennebec & Waldo counties