The fourth annual Share the Road with Carol memorial bike ride will take place on Sunday, September 13. Share the Road with Carol is an all ages commemorative bike ride planned for Sunday, September 13, 2020, in Windsor and Whitefield. The ride, which has 12-mile and 27-mile options, starts and ends at the Windsor Town Office.
This annual ride honors the memory of Carol Eckert, M.D. Carol was tragically killed as a result of a bike accident that occurred in Windsor on October 10, 2016. Biking was Carol’s passion and all are invited who feel the same to join in remembrance of a life well pedaled and to further the cause of bicycle safety in Maine.
The registration fee has been lowered from $25 to $20 for adults. In addition, any person under 15 years of age can now ride for only $10 when accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Register online (https://www.BikeReg.com/share-the-road-with-carol) or at the event from 7:30-8:30 a.m. (pre-registration is encouraged). COVID-19 mitigation measures will be followed; participants are asked to bring and wear face coverings while not riding (masks will be available for those who forget) and follow social distancing protocols.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Whitefield Lions to donate art supplies
- WHITEFIELD: Parishioners shatter American Red Cross records despite pandemic
- Vassalboro: Light up the Season 2020
- Solstice project reaches out to Waterville students & families
- $2 a bag book sale in Vassalboro
- Bookgiving drive held at China library
- Legion collects for animal shelter
- Vassalboro JMG selling wreaths
- Winslow church to hold drive-thru turkey pie sale
- The written word in business to be presented at chamber breakfast