On April 6, Senator Scott Cyrway (R-Kennebec) welcomed Kiara Carr, of Fairfield, and her family to the State House. During her visit, Kiara was presented with a Legislative Sentiment recognizing her achievement of scoring 1,433 points as a member of Temple Academy’s girls basketball team.
“During her junior year, Kiara joined an elite group of Maine student-athletes who have reached 1,000 cumulative points in their high school career,” said Sen. Cyrway. “Kiara was not done there. By the end of this past season, Kiara had reached 1,433 points! This is incredible.
“There is no doubt that Kiara is an extremely talented athlete. The amount of time and dedication that it would take one to reach such an accomplishment must be very great. And Kiara was able to reach this achievement, all while balancing the demands of her school work and other extra-curricular activities.
“I’m so proud to have such a talented student-athlete in my district. Congratulations to Kiara and best wishes as she makes her future plans!”
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Local teen wins preliminary round of “Lights, Camera, Save”
- First Sci-Fi and Family Nerd fest planned
- Fairfield Police Department holds another successful toy drive
- 2019 PAL football camp held in Fairfield
- 9th annual Battle for Breast Cancer raises $42,000
- Gladys Benner presented with Boston Post Cane in Fairfield
- Lawrence girls Box Out Cancer for Alfond Cancer Care Center
- Fairfield Cops Care For Kids Program experiences another great year
- Square dancers in New Hampshire
- Fairfield veterans lay wreaths