At the annual town meeting held at the Vassalboro Community School on Monday, June 3, 2019, Chairman Lauchlin Titus, of the Vassalboro Board of Selectmen, presented the 2019 Annual Spirit of America Award to Mary Grow to honor her for her commitment to exemplary local journalism as demonstrated by her years of dedicated attendance at Vassalboro board meetings, and reporting on Vassalboro activities and events to the public. The Spirit of America Foundation Tribute is presented in the name of Maine municipalities to local individuals, organizations and projects for commendable community service.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Vassalboro holds 250th anniversary commemoration and Civil War monument re-dedication
- Vassalboro Community Read will begin in May
- Vassalboro kicks off sestercentennial celebration with rededication of Civil War monument on April 26
- Town of Vassalboro 250th Anniversary Commemoration
- ICE OUT 2021? Take a guess. Win a prize!
- VBA scholarship applications available
- China, Vassalboro get good news about trash disposal
- Local Town Meetings Schedule 2021
- Retired Vassalboro fire chief recognized for 30 years of service
- Thelma Bulger presented with Vassalboro’s Boston Post Cane