The VA Maine care teams will begin to schedule Covid-19 vaccinations for eligible veterans. Through VEText, text messages will inform eligible veterans their facility is offering the vaccine and will come from the short number, 53079.
The VEText program allows veterans to confirm or cancel scheduled appointments and sends reminders for visits via text message.
With VEText, simply text “start” to 53079 to opt-in to receiving VEText messaging. Every enrolled veteran with a cell phone number listed in their health record is automatically enrolled to receive text messages.
The care teams will notify eligible veterans to make a vaccine appointment directly by text message. They will also continue to contact veterans by phone.
Veterans can update phone numbers online at va.gov/profile.
To learn more about VEText, go to va.gov/HEALTH/VEText–FAQs.asp.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Shane Savage named CMGC developer of the year
- Maine Sci-Fi & Fantasy Nerd Festival comes to central Maine
- Maine politics: A conversation with five local legislators
- The 2020 census comes to central Maine
- CHINA: Land parcel sale back to square one
- CHINA: Follow-up on land sale story from last week
- China Broadband Committee had a busy September
- Raingutter Regatta
- Golf Fore Kids’ Sake raises over $48,000 for BBBS
- It’s the time of year for good ol’ fashioned coon pailing