After serving the Vassalboro United Methodist Church for 11 years and serving in the ministry for over 50 years, Pastor F. Gary Hubley and his wife Judy, of Randolph, retired June 30, 2021. Pastor Hubley was honored at a luncheon following services on Sunday, June 13. He and Judy will be sorely missed.
Pastor Hubley served the Vassalboro church with distinction. He will be well known for his wit and his thoughtfulness. He always kept in contact with members of his congregation both in their time of need and in their time of joyfulness. He truly cared for his church and the people within this community. He and his wife, Judy, always took part in whatever the church sponsored such as public suppers, bake sales, craft fairs, coffee fellowships, children’s programs, Bible studies, etc. They served as an example of how we too should serve. We thank them for their service.
The congregation wishes them both a happy and healthy retirement with time and ability to enjoy a little fishing, something both of them enjoy.
Pastor Karen Merrill, of West Gardiner, will lead the Vassalboro United Methodist Church as of July 1, 2021. She and her husband have connections to this community and the community is looking forward to her leadership and guidance.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Vassalboro Fire Department receives canned drinking water for wildfire response
- Vassalboro celebrates 250 years as a town
- Vassalboro school supplies drive at VCS
- Vassalboro Library to host animal events
- Vassalboro library animal events planned
- China to hold WindowDressers workshop this fall
- Vassalboro Historical Society to hold local art contest
- Three Mile Pond Association president presented with appreciation award
- Mid-Maine Chamber golf fundraiser draws many players
- Mr. E is moving on!