The Vassalboro Historical Society is searching for the oldest resident of Vassalboro. Our most recent recipient of the honorary Boston Post Gold Cane, Louise Charlotte Seehagen Eastman, passed away on January 28, 2020, at age 101.
We know of a 98-year-old in East Vassalboro, but want to make sure we don’t miss anyone. If you are or know of someone older than 98 years old, please contact Jan Clowes at 207-660-2854 or by email at VHSPresident@gmail.com.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Vassalboro holds 250th anniversary commemoration and Civil War monument re-dedication
- Vassalboro Community Read will begin in May
- Vassalboro kicks off sestercentennial celebration with rededication of Civil War monument on April 26
- Town of Vassalboro 250th Anniversary Commemoration
- ICE OUT 2021? Take a guess. Win a prize!
- VBA scholarship applications available
- China, Vassalboro get good news about trash disposal
- Local Town Meetings Schedule 2021
- Retired Vassalboro fire chief recognized for 30 years of service
- Thelma Bulger presented with Vassalboro’s Boston Post Cane