The Somerville Volunteer Fire Department recently visited the Somerville Pre-K program. Chief Dostie and other members of the Somerville Volunteer Fire Department demonstrated what a firefighter looks like when dressed in full gear. Young children are often scared the first time they see a firefighter. Children practiced crawling under smoke. They also had a chance to see what equipment is on a fire truck. Chief Dostie talked about smoke detectors and the importance of them.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- China planners express frustration with virtual meetings
- China emergency group works on updating document
- China broadband committee agrees to keep Spectrum “on the shelf”
- Leadership luncheon to feature Dr. Khoury
- China considering regional trash collection system
- Vassalboro voters to decide fate of marijuana ordinance
- Vassalboro school board briefed on full day, in-person classes
- Vassalboro town warrant now includes school budget articles
- Vassalboro kicks off sestercentennial celebration with rededication of Civil War monument on April 26
- Vassalboro selectmen to meet Thursday, April 15, 2021