Covid may have cancelled last year’s fundraiser, but the Palermo Community Center is back in action, selling 25-pound boxes of fresh, sweet Vidalia onions from Georgia. They are still ripening, but are expected to arrive in Maine the week of May 10. The boxes cost $27 each, even though shipping costs have gone up, so this is the last time they will be offered at this price.
To order, please call Connie at 993-2294 or email email@example.com. Please be sure to leave your contact phone number, so you may be contacted for confirmation or a call when the onions are unloaded at the Palermo Community Center. Payment is needed at the time of the order, so please make the check out to “LCF” and address your envelope to: Living Communities Foundation, P.O. Box 151, Palermo, ME 04354. Orders and payment must be received by April 25.
Proceeds from the sale pay ongoing utilities and maintenance costs for the Community Center, which also hosts the Palermo Food Pantry. Your support is truly appreciated.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Last chance to order Vidalia onions!
- Victor Grange to host drive-thru supper
- Children’s book author Jeanine Deas to hold book signing
- Town of Vassalboro 250th Anniversary Commemoration
- Winslow Public Library re-opening to public April 1, 2021
- Unity VFD to host bake sale
- Palermo student earns climate scholarship
- China youth baseball, softball, T-ball registrations being taken
- Women’s Equal Pay Day to be held March 24, 2021
- Hope’s Place meetings to be held online on Wednesdays