The town of Vassalboro will begin the celebration of the town’s 250th anniversary on Monday, April 26, 10:30 a.m., at the Monument Park re-dedication. The schedule follows:
- American Legion Post 126 Chaplain prayer – James Kilbride;
- Perspectives on 1771, Patsy Crockett, President, Kennebec Historical Society;
- Monument Park, historical focal point, Jan Clowes, President, Vassalboro Historical Society;
- The names on the monument, Lauchlin Titus, Vassalboro civic leader;
- Recognition of Monument Park restoration work, John Melrose, Vassalboro Select Board Chairman.
Monument Park and the Vassalboro Historical Society, is located on Route 32, East Vassalboro. There will be a 100 person open air Covid limit. Masks are required.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- China to hold WindowDressers workshop this fall
- Vassalboro Historical Society to hold local art contest
- Mid-Maine Chamber golf fundraiser draws many players
- Vassalboro neighborhood yard sale June 4 – 6, 2021
- Vassalboro holds 250th anniversary commemoration and Civil War monument re-dedication
- Local Town Meetings Schedule 2021
- Vassalboro: Light up the Season 2020
- $2 a bag book sale in Vassalboro
- Vassalboro JMG selling wreaths
- VBA sponsors Light Up the Season light contest in Vassalboro