The Palermo Volunteer Fire Department (VFD) will be holding a fundraiser on Sunday, August 22, from noon – 4 p.m., in the Branch Mills Village field opposite the old Dowe General Store (2 N. Palermo Rd). You invited to join in fellowship and see old friends, welcome new residents, celebrate the community, and raise important funds.
The VFD will be grilling local burgers and hot dogs, from Haskell & Daughter Beef, with veggies and sides from Wild Miller Farm. Tickets are $10 ($12 on the day of the event) and available at the Palermo Town Office, Community Library and Tobey’s Grocery. Volunteers who would like to assist or participate in the event should contact Will Armstrong (email@example.com or 993-5016).
The picnic will feature a controlled burn and the return of the VFD’s Engine No. 4! They will host Palermo authors Gary Dyer (Apple Pie and Sharp Cheese) and Jeanette Scates (the upcoming There Wasn’t Always Peace in the Valley). The VFD is delighted to have support from other Palermo organizations, including the Branch Mills Grange, the Malcolm Glidden American Legion Post #163 and Auxiliary, the Palermo Community Library, and more.
They will have metal folding chair seating and some lawn games on hand, but, you are invited to bring your own of each.
Disabled parking is available on-site and village parking is nearby.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- China to hold WindowDressers workshop this fall
- Vidalia onions returning as Palermo community center fundraiser
- Time to order citrus fruit
- Children’s book author to hold book signing at Retail Therapy in Waterville
- Various broadband initiatives across Maine to provide improved access
- HALLOWEEN EVENTS 2021
- Sew for a Cause at St. Bridget’s Center
- Winslow town manager to hold coffee and conversation
- Waterville StoryWalk to launch on North Street Community Connector Trail: Daniel Finds a Poem
- China candidates forum canceled