The sight of land surveyors peering into tripod-mounted equipment by the roadside is common enough, but what are they actually doing? Frank Siviski, a professional land surveyor with more than 30 years of experience, will shed light on the seemingly mysterious world of boundary determinations.
Siviski has taught survey-related courses at Unity College, and is currently an instructor at Kennebec Valley Community College. His talk will help landowners understand how surveys are created, standards that are applied, and how landowners’ goals shape the outcome. If you have questions about boundary surveys, this is an opportunity to have those questions answered.
Siviski’s presentation is part of the Sebasticook Regional Land Trust’s monthly speaker series, “Restoring Connections to Place,” featuring a wide variety of conservation topics. The programs are held. on the second Wednesday of every month at the café, 93 Main Coffee Shop, located at 93 Main St., Unity. These monthly events are open to the public and a five dollar donation is suggested. For more information, please email email@example.com or call 948-3766.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Shane Savage named CMGC developer of the year
- Group holds fundraisers to help purchase 230 Main St.
- Unity College offers innovative program called hybrid learning
- Unity College receives grant
- Unity College new degree programs to focus on animal health, climate change
- Unity College reinventing how students receive first two years of college
- UNITY: Barn Raisers hold Day of Service
- Unity College 2019 graduates: Be prepared for change
- Travis Mills to deliver Unity College 2019 commencement address
- Unity College professor earns Fulbright Scholarship for brown bear research in Slovenia