Situation: It’s mid-January in central Maine. You are dealing with cold temps, snow, gray skies and repetitive media news.
Question: So what plans do you have to provide for thought provoking, educationally stimulating and fun socializing with new found neighbors and friends?
Answer: On Thursdays beginning January 16th Belfast Senior College will commence it’s 4 Week “Winterim” Session with a choice of fifteen 2 hour morning and afternoon classes.
So come join us!
Courses range from Literature, Philosophy, Fine Arts , Music, History, Language, Technology and Hobby appreciation.
Special one-day classes are also available on February 12, 14, and 20.
Look for listings and registration December 12 on our website: www.belfastseniorcollege.org. Please note: no stress, no exams, no homework, no report cards, no attendance requirements, free coffee, tea and cookies and fun.
￼ Classes for this session are $ 30 each and one-day courses are $20. Membership fee is $25 for the year from September 1 through August 1. Registration will open on December 12, 2019. Early registration is recommended to avoid disappointment.
You may register on line, by mail or in person at the Senior College Office (open Thursdays).
All classes are held at the Hutchinson Center, on Route 3, in Belfast. Tel: 207-338- 8033.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- give IT. get IT recognized as sole nonprofit certified electronics reuse and recycling service in New England
- Group holds fundraisers to help purchase 230 Main St.
- Senior College offers three special one-day courses
- Gibbs Library to feature Maine artist Kay Sullivan
- Palermo library board’s Christmas in July meeting held
- Rose’s Room returns to Winslow on August 26
- New Dimensions FCU announces results of Cruisin’ for a Cure car show
- PHOTO: Courtesy boat inspectors on the job at Sheepscot Lake
- Skowhegan scouts hold annual crossover ceremony
- Delightful “All Things Blueberry” Festival promises loads of family fun