Grace Academy Learning Center was a-buzz with teachers and students settling in to a typical school day when two representatives of Bar Harbor Bank & Trust, Nichole Lee, Customer Service Manager and Courtney Bonsant, Customer Service Supervisor, paid a special visit, with a surprise in hand.
The Center’s staff was overwhelmed when Nichole announced that the bank had chosen Grace Academy as the recipient of its most recent employee-driven donation program called “Community Commitment,” a charitable fund which disburses monthly gifts to local non-profit organizations.
A check for $1,000 was presented to Grace Academy Executive Director Michelle Bourque. With plans to use all monies to run its many programs, the staff and students of Grace Academy were sincerely humbled by such a generous gift, and wish to publicly thank Bar Harbor Bank & Trust for supporting the work they do.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Erskine Academy bus route schedule for 2018-19 school year
- Selectmen approve new schedule at transfer station
- Groundbreaking for new South China Library
- 2018 China Community Days: Program of Events
- Invasive plant patrol workshop on China Lake
- China throws retirement party for town manager
- LakeSmart on China Lake now ready for inspections
- Gifted Sisters
- Public invited to China Town Manager’s retirement party
- Several day camps to be offered at China School Forest this summer