Recycled Shakespeare Company invites you to participate in a Shakespeare Slam Competition on Thursday, March 15, from 5 – 7 p.m., at the Waterville Public Library. This free and friendly competition is based on slam poetry and spoken word events, participants are challenged to memorize a piece of Shakespearean text of their choosing, could be a scene, monologue, sonnet, or narrative poem, and present it to a panel of judges.
Participants can enter as either an individual or get your friends involved and enter as a group. Minors and adults will be judged separately and each person can enter up to two pieces in each category, for a maximum of four opportunities to win. Each individual and group will be judged on their memorization of the text, their voice and performance, and their knowledge of the text through their presentation. Winners from each entry category will receive a prize.
School groups, book clubs, theater troupes, and enthusiasts are encouraged to participate.
This event is free and open to the public to attend. If you would like to compete, please fill out the online registration form at www.signupforms.com/registrations/13009 or contact Recycled Shakespeare Company producer, Emily Rowden Fournier, at 207-314-8607 or email@example.com.
- Battle of Maine set for March 24, 2018
- Taylar Lamontagne named to president’s list
- William Jackson achieves Eagle Scout
- WATERVILLE: Raymond James welcomes Cheryl Flewelling
- Citro captures first and second for season
- Waterville’s High Hopes Clubhouse receives international distinction
- WATERVILLE: Kringleville has one of its best years
- WATERVILLE: Care & Comfort workplace cited
- Colby College students perform at ‘Jazz at Lincoln Center’
- Mount Merici Academy first trimester high honors