On February 13, 2021, members of the American Legion Auxiliary, Madison Unit #39 celebrated the 100th birthday of member Arlene Hoyt, of Anson. The members, along with Anson Fire Department, AMS ambulance and members of the community, did a drive by parade. Arlene was presented a certificate for 32 years of continuous membership of the American Legion Auxiliary, a Legislative Sentiment, flowers and many, many cards. She was presented the Boston Post Cane back in March 2014 as being the oldest resident of Anson (then 93 years old) for which she still holds that title.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Carrabec biology class thanks program presenters
- Carrabec High School 4th quarter 2021 honor roll
- Carrabec High School announces top 10 seniors for 2021
- Mitchell Cates earns Eagle Scout status
- Annika Carey receives MPA Principals Award
- Cub Scout Pack #482 raising funds for Boston Children’s Museum trip
- Madison-Anson Days 2017 – Program of Events
- Vassalboro Fire Department receives canned drinking water for wildfire response
- Vassalboro celebrates 250 years as a town
- EVENT: Recover Out Loud in Maine’s Capital September 30