The Albert Church Brown Library, in China Village, is asking residents to participate in Bookgiving! They are collecting new books to be given at Christmas to needy families in town, through the China Food Pantry in cooperation with Toys for Tots. Or, you can make a monetary book-sized donation ($5 – $15) and the library staff will select the books.
Books may be dropped off at the library until December 5. You may bring them inside or place them in the book drop (inside a plastic grocery bag with a note specifying Booksgiving).
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- China Four Seasons Club ice fishing derby enjoyed by many
- Local Town Meetings Schedule 2021
- Second annual ice fishing derby set for China Lake on February 14
- China Village library to bring wintertime cheer with nostalgic programs
- A quiet summer afternoon at an outdoor concert
- Blueberry cobbler fundraiser in Branch Mills
- New signs at China School’s Forest
- PHOTO: Didn’t get the memo
- Thurston Park in the winter
- Polar Bear Dip challenge takes new twist