The China Community Days are set for Friday, August 6 through Sunday, August 8.
On Friday, there will be a free BBQ dinner, lawn games and movie night. These activities will be hosted by the Central Church, 627 Rte. 3. Dinner and games will be held from 6:15 – 7:30 p.m., and the movie will begin at 7:30 p.m.
On Saturday, there will be a guided tour of the China School Forest, at 10 a.m. It will begin at the kiosk off the bus circle beside the Primary School.
From 10 a.m. – 3 p.m., there will be community organizations and vendors at the China ballfields, 763 Lakeview Dr. A list of participating organizations will be available on the town’s website, Facebook page and China Community Days Facebook page. Vendors or organizations interested are asked to contact Neil Farrington at 207-462-4321 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All weekend there will be a yard sale trail. Just follow the map that will be posted on the China Community Days Facebook page, town of China Facebook and the town of China website. Anyone wanting their yard sale location to be included should contact the town office.
Also, there will be a Story Trails of Maine. Begin the journey of discovering China’s history by downloading the app for Story Trails of Maine. China Community Days kicks off the interactive adventure of a tour of China. All teams who complete the challenge by August 13, will be in the drawing for the grand prize of $150 in gift cards to local businesses.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- 18th annual China Community Days set for Aug. 6-8, 2021
- China candidates forum canceled
- China Broadband Committee had a busy September
- Fall events hosted by the China Village Library
- Prize Vegetable Contest & Children’s Best-Decorated Fruit or Vegetable Award
- Second vaccines available in China
- China to hold WindowDressers workshop this fall
- China Four Seasons Club: Non-profit Spotlight
- China School Forest work day set for May 8
- China youth baseball, softball, T-ball registrations being taken