China Middle School JMG and Bar Harbor Bank and Trust continue to strengthen their partnership. JMG was awarded a $500 Community Grant as seed funding for an empathy project, where students will learn the importance of philanthropy and community service. Students will research about nonprofit businesses, identifying businesses who serve youth in our communities.
An invitation to apply for funding will be sent to businesses chosen by the students. Businesses will be asked to present to students in the classroom about their organization and their needs to help better serve youth. To complete the project, students will vote on the business(s) that they would like to support.
The students thank Bar Harbor Bank and Trust for their continued support of the community and JMG.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Erskine Academy first trimester honor roll
- China School’s Forest gets ready for students
- Volunteers needed to help set up outdoor classrooms in the China Schools Forest
- School year 2020: Difficult choices for parents
- Erskine Academy second trimester honor roll (Spring 2020)
- JMG announces students of the quarter in China
- China Middle Schoolers tour Kennebec Technologies
- Addition, renovations completed at China Middle School
- Erskine Academy girls basketball team holds fundraiser for Multiple Sclerosis
- Erskine Academy to host eighth grade open house