China Planning Board members are scheduled to review two potential ordinances at their July 28 meeting, set for 6:30 p.m., in the town office meeting room. They are a Recreational Marijuana Ordinance and a Local Food and Self Governing Ordinance.
Interested residents are welcome at this first open planning board meeting since early March, if they wear masks and observe social distancing. Those without masks will not be admitted. The meeting will be live-streamed as it happens and archived for future viewing.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Absentee voting notice
- Causeway work to begin in October
- CHINA: Rte. 3 local water source closed to public use
- Two contests on China’s local ballot
- China board denies appeal over shoreland wall
- China planners discuss proposed ordinance amendment
- CHINA: Tax bills mailed Aug. 31; first payment due Sept. 25
- China selectmen set tax rate at 14.9 mils for 2020-21
- CHINA: Town business meeting to be conducted by written ballot in 2021
- China selectmen unanimously award Phase 2 Causeway project to McGee Construction