Erskine Academy, in South China, has announced that Dominic Smith, son of Katrina and Dan Jackson, of Whitefield, has been named a Commended Student in the 2020 National Merit Scholarship Program.
Smith is among approximately 34,000 Commended Students throughout the nation who are being recognized for their exceptional academic promise. Although Smith will not continue in the 2020 competition for National Merit Scholarships, Commended Students placed among the top 50,000 scorers of more than 1.5 million students who entered the 2020 competition. Commended students receive a Letter of Commendation from their school and the National Merit Scholarship Program in recognition of this honor.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Erskine Renaissance Awards presented for December 2019
- Erskine Leos raise money for Camp Sunshine
- Erskine Academy holds virtual 2020 Renaissance awards
- Congratulations to area graduates — Class of 2020
- Erskine Academy announces top 10 seniors Class of 2020
- Erskine’s Sarah Jarosz receives MPA principals award
- Erskine Academy girls basketball team holds fundraiser for Multiple Sclerosis
- Erskine Academy to host eighth grade open house
- Erskine Academy first trimester honor roll 2019
- Erskine senior receives Next Gen honorable mention