Madison American Legion Auxiliary is sponsoring a Drive Thru Sock Hop, at Madison American Legion at the back entrance facing Reny’s, on Saturday, February 27, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Donate new socks for homeless veterans, homeless shelters and others in need. Men’s, women’s, teenagers, children – warm socks and every day socks.
Members of the auxiliary will be outside waiting for donations with ‘50-’60s music.
If you can’t make the Sock Hop, there are drop off boxes at Reny’s and Family Dollar, in Madison, as well as at Sun Rayz Tanning & Hair Salon, at 171 Waterville Road, in Skowhegan.
If you are unable to get to the drop off locations or the Sock Hop, monetary donations are accepted and they will purchase the socks. Make checks payable to Madison American Legion Auxiliary, earmark Sock Hop, and mail to Madison ALA, P.O. Box 325, Madison, ME 04950. For more information, contact Harriet at 635-2051.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Auxiliary observes Military Child Month
- Victor Grange to host drive-thru supper
- Children’s book author Jeanine Deas to hold book signing
- Madison drive-through sock hop big success
- Town of Vassalboro 250th Anniversary Commemoration
- Vidalia onions returning as Palermo community center fundraiser
- Winslow Public Library re-opening to public April 1, 2021
- Unity VFD to host bake sale
- China youth baseball, softball, T-ball registrations being taken
- Women’s Equal Pay Day to be held March 24, 2021