Erskine Academy has announced that Aidan Larrabee, son of Carrie and Jeremy Larrabee, of China, has been named a semifinalist in the 67th annual National Merit Scholarship Program. Larrabee has an opportunity to continue in the competition for some 7,500 National Merit Scholarships worth nearly $30 million that will be offered next spring. To be considered for a Merit Scholarship award, semifinalists must fulfill several requirements to advance to the finalist level of the competition. About 95 percent of the semifinalists are expected to attain finalist standing, and approximately half of the finalists will win a scholarship and the Merit Scholar title. National Merit Scholarship winners of 2022 will be announced beginning in April.
In addition, Erskine Academy has announced that Sarah Praul, daughter of Erika and Darryl Praul, of China, has been named a Commended Student in the 2022 National Merit Scholarship Program. Praul is among approximately 34,000 Commended Students throughout the nation who are being recognized for their exceptional academic promise. Although Praul will not continue in the 2022 competition for National Merit Scholarships, Commended Students placed among the top 50,000 scorers of more than 1.5 million students who entered the 2022 competition by taking the 2020 Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test. Commended students receive a Letter of Commendation from their school and the National Merit Scholarship Program in recognition of this honor.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Erskine’s Samantha Golden presented with Heisman High School Scholarship
- Erskine Academy third trimester honor roll 2021
- Erskine cereal box challenge nets 3,544 boxes for local food pantries
- Erskine Academy first trimester honor roll
- Erskine Academy girls basketball team holds fundraiser for Multiple Sclerosis
- Erskine Academy to host eighth grade open house
- Erskine Leos raise money for Camp Sunshine
- Erskine students think globally to establish a United Nations Girl Up club
- Erskine announces 2019 Renaissance Awards
- Erskine annual spring concert slated for May 31, 2019