On Monday, November 1, 2021, the Heisman Trophy Trust and Acceptance Insurance announced the 2021 school winners for the Heisman High School Scholarship presented by Acceptance Insurance. Erskine Academy senior Samantha Golden, daughter of Jane and Richard Golden, of China, was selected as a school winner in the competition.
From an applicant pool of thousands of high school scholar-athletes graduating with the class of 2022, more than 5,700 have been named school winners in the Heisman High School Scholarship competition awarded by The Heisman Trophy Trust and Acceptance Insurance.
The Heisman High School Scholarship presented by Acceptance Insurance extends the Heisman prestige to the nation’s most esteemed high school seniors by celebrating and rewarding outstanding male and female scholar-athletes who understand that the most important victories happen not only on the field, but also in their schools and communities. The Heisman Trophy Trust was proud to partner with Acceptance Insurance in 2020 to present these prestigious scholarships.
To apply, students must be graduating with the class of 2022, have a cumulative weighted high school grade point average of a B (3.0) or better, participate in at least one of the sports recognized by the International Olympic Committee, the Paralympic Games and/or the National Federation of State High School Association and be a leader in his/her school and community.
Responsible journalism is hard work!
It is also expensive!
If you enjoy reading The Town Line and the good news we bring you each week, would you consider a donation to help us continue the work we’re doing?
The Town Line is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit private foundation, and all donations are tax deductible under the Internal Revenue Service code.
To help, please visit our online donation page or mail a check payable to The Town Line, PO Box 89, South China, ME 04358. Your contribution is appreciated!
- Erskine Parent/Teacher conferences slated for Jan. 19
- Erskine Academy presents Renaissance Awards
- Erskine Academy announces National Merit Scholarship students
- Erskine Academy third trimester honor roll 2021
- Erskine cereal box challenge nets 3,544 boxes for local food pantries
- Erskine Academy first trimester honor roll
- Erskine Academy girls basketball team holds fundraiser for Multiple Sclerosis
- Erskine Academy to host eighth grade open house
- Erskine Leos raise money for Camp Sunshine
- Erskine students think globally to establish a United Nations Girl Up club